Scott Dixon, seen here winning an unrelated reace, is your 2008 Indianapolis 500 winner. This makes it 39 years that the prestigious Brickyard race hasn't been won by either a woman or an Andretti. The New Zealander won his first 500 the year after he lost the IRL championship on the last lap of the last race.… »
What to watch while remodeling Bubble Man's dorm room...
• 5 p.m. — NASCAR: Coca-Cola 600, Concord, North Carolina. In a blind race test, what's more exciting: this race or the Pepsi 400? [FOX]
• 7 p.m. — NCAA softball: Georgia at UCLA. There's no crying in softball, but there's no by-laws applicable to sniffling.… »
Lakers reserve center Ronny Turiaf only plays 10 minutes a game, but as you can see by the video, the man babbles a good flibbidyfloo. And now we have a chance to Turiafify the vote on TNT's website. »
• Cristiano Ronaldo's new girlfriend does all the positions, and all you have to do is take her to parties and give her money. [Unprofessional Foul]
• Mike Piazza and Jeff Garcia are twins. And yet they look nothing alike. [The Big Lead]
• When skilled 12-year-old girl basketball players make the boys look bad, it's… »
Keeping with the obliviousness-to-rules motif — hey, it makes us feel better about ourselves — Dallas Cowboys running back Marion Barber III, esq. has made a name for himself by stiff arming the defenders in the face. Apparently that's always been a rule. But now the league will begin to clamp down on such reckless… »
There've been a lot of Simpsons games throughout the years, few of them any good. The one that stands the test of time was probably the original arcade game. I recommend it today as you watch the Indy 500. So I know what you're asking. "Where am I going to find the original arcade machine?" That really isn't my… »
Justin Duchscherer was joking around before his start against the Boston Red Sox: ''I said, 'Those guys don't want none of me today 'cuz I'm going to pull a Lester on 'em,'' Duchscherer recalled with a grin. ''In the sixth inning, I was thinking, 'Did I really say that before the game?' '' Yes, Justin. Yes you did.… »
The NBA Closer is written by Matt McHale, who's hoping that Spring will eventually come to Chicago. Not that 40-degree weather isn't fun...in, like, December. When he's not hating the hell out of the Midwestern weather, he can be found doing a sunshine dance at Basketbawful. Enjoy!
There's no place like road. It… »
This probably wasn't the way to intimidate the Detroit Red Wings coming into Game 1 of the Stanley Cup finals. The goalie, his name is Marc-André Fleury, and there is a caution stripe on that step. Either that or they just mopped. »
What you missed re-creating the chase scene from Space Mutiny...
• NBA: Yeah, well, Boston still hasn't won two road games yet.
• NHL: Son of Samuel goes on massive scoring spree, dozens wounded, Red Wings at large with 4-0 win.
• MLB: Cubs won the first eight innings. Problem is, the dang thing went to 14.
Oh, and… »
There once was a man by the name of Stanley, who decided that average trophies were not good enough for hockey teams, so he went and sculpted a cup based on a napkin drawing by Nigel Tufnel. The trophy was supposed to be 35 feet tall, but he got his inches and feet mixed up. »
What to watch while shopping around for once-in-a-lifetime deals on infants...
• 7:30 p.m. — NASCAR: Nationwide Series, Conquest Auto Parts 300, Concord, N.C. Watch your favorite drivers in different numbered cars wail on lesser drivers! [ESPN2]
• 8:00 p.m. — NCAA softball: Georgia at UCLA. The fact that the pitcher's… »
Any mail client has it. Trash can. Deleted items. They all call it something different, but my God, it's right there. A half-terrabyte of data doesn't mean you save every freakin' Twitter message that comes your way. The Seattle Supersonics management might have gotten away with merely being hated in Seattle for… »